Pastor Advisory Council & Committees
- To provide support for and serve in an advisory capacity to the Senior Pastor in overseeing the business affairs of the Church.
To facilitate communication between the Senior Pastor and the Church membership.
To help facilitate communication between Senior Pastor and the Committees by serving as liaison with each Committee.
To bring recommendations to the Senior Pastor, the Deacons and/or Church membership.
To function and interact with the Pastoral Staff in the absence of a Senior Pastor.
Standing Council Members: Scott Campbell, Steve Cooper, Joey Lemons, Danny Swafford, Eddie Valenzuela
- The Committee shall nominate persons to fill positions, including committee members, whose gifts, potential, experience, and proven commitments to the ministries of the Church match the requirements of the position.
The Committee shall endeavor to present multiple candidates for each position to be filled.
The Committee shall first approve each person being considered for a position before approaching the person for recruitment.
The Committee shall present its recommendations to the Pastor Advisory Council. Thereafter, the Pastor Advisory Council shall present the recommendation tot the Church body for consideration.
Standing Committee Members: Cory Huggins, David Husbands, Sally McClure, Pris Redmon, Bob Woodland
- Assist the Church in matters related to employed personnel.
Work with the Senior Pastor in surveying the need for additional Pastoral staff and support personnel positions.
Prepare and update position descriptions for all employed personnel.
Develop and recommend to the Pastor Advisory Council, policies and procedures for employed personnel administration.
Work with the Senior Pastor in the employment of the Pastoral staff as described in Article Three, Section 1, and parenthesis 2 of the FBCM By-Laws.
Work with the Pastoral staff in the employment of support personnel as described in Article Three, Section 2 of the FBCM By-Laws.
Annually develop and recommend to the Pastor Advisory Council the salaries and benefits for employed personnel. Salary increases for all personnel shall only be considered during the budget creation and approval process.
Oversee staff and all employment performance reviews to ensure completeness.
Standing Committee Members: Don Ellis, Michael Glover, Kenny Hibdon, Jack Riddles, Kathy Mitchell
- It shall be the responsibility of this Committee to assist the Senior Pastor (or designee) in making recommendations to the Stewardship Committee for distributing mission funds and for planning mission trips and strategies.
- The Senior Pastor and Pastor Advisory Council shall review this strategy and needed funds as it pertains to the Church's mission strategy.
- This Committee shall work with the Stewardship Committee in developing the annual budget as it pertains to missions.
Standing Committee Members: Haley Fisher, Jeff Keck, Ron Nichols, Jeremy Rudd, Michelle Valenzuela
- Take steps to ensure that sound procedures are used for receiving, counting, safeguarding, and disbursing funds.
Develop and recommend to the Pastor Advisory Council, policies and procedures for accounting practices.
Prepare proposed annual Church budget and submit to the Pastor Advisory Council.
Make recommendations to the Pastor Advisory Council during the year when adjustments in the budget need to be adopted.
Review expenditures periodically in terms of budget allocations and actual receipts.
Standing Committee Members: Michelle Canton, Michael Fore, Moises Hernandez, Ron Redmon, Gene Tennison
- Assist the Senior Pastor and Pastoral Staff in the assimilation of new members into the fellowship and ministry of the church.
- Recommend activities, programs, and needed financial support for new member assimilation.
- Work with the Pastor responsible for education to connect new members to Life Groups and for classes, discipleship, and mentoring needs.
- Plan and coordinate new member fellowships.
- Aid the Senior Pastor and Pastoral Staff in the planning and conducting of new member classes required for membership.
- Assist in helping to connect new members with Deacons.
Standing Committee Members: Larry Greene, Mike Simpson, Roger Swofford